College Intern Program
MOSH will resume College Internships in Fall 2020. Application deadlines are as follows: August 1 for fall semester, December 1 for spring semester, and April 1 for summer semester. All MOSH internships are non-paid.
MOSH offers College Internships both for course credit and degree enrichment. Students will receive real-world experience working in a museum setting alongside museum professionals. Total hour commitments vary depending on the requirements of each student’s course, but we require at least 100 hours.
Typical internships offered each semester:
- Audiovisual Production
- Communications & Marketing
- Animal Caretaking
- Early Childhood Education Curriculum
- School Program Curriculum
- Membership Development
- Technical Services
- Marine Biology
- Public Programs & Special Events
- Natural History Collection
- History Collections
- Exhibits Fabrication
Students interested in applying for an internship must submit the following documentation:
- Completion of the MOSH Application Form (below)
- Unofficial college transcript
- Letter of recommendation from a professor
- Cover letter stating which position you are interested in
- Letter of Approval from Internship Coordinator
These materials should be sent directly to Jasmine Turner, MOSH’s Volunteer Coordinator. Applications will not be considered until all documents are submitted. Selected candidates will be contacted for an interview after the application deadline.
Application deadlines are as follows: August 1 for fall semester, December 1 for spring semester, and April 1 for summer semester. All MOSH internships are nonpaid.
904.396.6674 ext. 227
Email Jasmine Turner