The Museum of Science & History (MOSH) inspires the joy of lifelong learning by bringing to life the sciences and regional history.
- Engagement: We are committed to thoughtful and intentional participation in our community’s growth.
- Pride: Our identity is rooted in a legacy of education, which informs our current role in the region’s cultural development.
- Excellence: To maintain high standards for our collections, programs, and customer service, we must commit to giving our very best.
- Collaboration: Growth is only achieved by working with each other, our peer organizations, and our guests.
- Innovation: Every day, we seek new ways to bring learning to life through science and history.
- Trust: Integrity and honesty guide our actions and decisions.
American Alliance of Museums Accreditation
The Museum of Science & History achieved its most recent accreditation by the American Alliance of Museums (AAM) in 2011. Accreditation is a rigorous process that examines all aspects of a museum’s operations. To earn accreditation, a museum first must conduct a year of self-study, then undergo a site visit by a team of peer reviewers. Only 776 of the country’s 17,500 museums are AAM accredited. MOSH has been continually accredited since 1983.