The Museum of Science & History (MOSH) inspires the joy of lifelong learning by bringing to life the sciences and regional history.
Jacksonville’s Museum of Science & History makes science, history, and innovation accessible for all! Whatever your age or interest, there’s always something to see and explore across three levels of exciting exhibits. From interactive, award-winning favorites like Currents of Time and Atlantic Tails to the Florida Naturalist’s Center, which houses animals that are native to Northeast Florida, there is something for all ages to discover. Indulge your imagination with a science or live animal show, or explore distant galaxies in one of our planetarium programs. When visiting Northeast Florida’s only science and history museum, there is no limit to what you can discover!
- Engagement: We are committed to thoughtful and intentional participation in our community’s growth.
- Pride: Our identity is rooted in a legacy of education, which informs our current role in the region’s cultural development.
- Excellence: To maintain high standards for our collections, programs, and customer service, we must commit to giving our very best.
- Collaboration: Growth is only achieved by working with each other, our peer organizations, and our guests.
- Innovation: Every day, we seek new ways to bring learning to life through science and history.
- Trust: Integrity and honesty guide our actions and decisions.
American Alliance of Museums Accreditation
The Museum of Science & History achieved its most recent accreditation by the American Alliance of Museums (AAM) in 2011. Accreditation is a rigorous process that examines all aspects of a museum’s operations. To earn accreditation, a museum first must conduct a year of self-study, then undergo a site visit by a team of peer reviewers. Only 776 of the country’s 17,500 museums are AAM accredited. MOSH has been continually accredited since 1983.