The Creation Station, MOSH’s debut maker space, is open for business! While the spirit of making and DIY learning continues within the walls of this exhibit, the Creation Station experience will include a few modifications to ensure visitor and staff safety:
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers are located within the exhibit to help guests maintain personal cleanliness.
- For the time being, the number and types of activities within the Creation Station will be limited in order to reduce hands-on interactions between guests and staff.
- Chairs, tables and supplies will be disinfected regularly.
Additional features within the space include:
- MOSH 2020 Artist in Residence Mico Fuentes’ signature piece, Variable Vantage, is on public display.
- MOSH 2021 Artist in Residence Princess Simpson Rashid is scheduled to debut The Wonder Wall, an interactive maker mural, in Fall 2021.
- As part of “Putting the ‘A’ in STEAM,” a program sponsored by MOSH, The Links, Inc. and Balfour Beatty Construction, 3D-Pen self-portraits from Westside Middle School students will debut for display in MOSH’s “Guest Creations” section.
- Additional artwork includes paintings by Princess Simpson Rashid and a copper sculpture fabricated by Ricky Weeks.
- New digital experiences and videos will be on display for guests to view and interact with while in the exhibit.
- A reading nook with hand sanitizer station.
- Computer-based activities, including Minecraft, Music Maker Jam and Makey-Makey, among other programs.
- Paper-construction activities, including Origami art, Paper Tetrahedrons and Paper Planetariums.
- Building sets, LEGO tables, and much more!
Thank You to our Creation Station Sponsor