The Creation Station, MOSH’s debut maker space, is open to the public once again! While the spirit of making and DIY learning continues within the walls of this exhibit, the Creation Station guest experience will include a few modifications to ensure visitor and staff safety:
- To help maintain proper social distancing, the Creation Station will have a capacity limitation of 10 guests at a time.
- Additional hand sanitizer dispensers are located within the exhibit to help guests maintain personal cleanliness.
- Guests are encouraged to use stylus pens for activities that include touchscreen or button-based interactive components.
- For the time being, the number and types of activities within the Creation Station will be limited in order to reduce hands-on interactions between guests and staff.
- Chairs, tables and supplies will be disinfected regularly.
With these changes in mind, the Creation Station will also debut several new experiences for guests! Beginning on August 1:
- MOSH 2020 Artist in Residence Mico Fuentes’ signature piece, Variable Vantage, debuts to the public.
- As part of “Putting the ‘A’ in STEAM,” a program sponsored by MOSH, The Links, Inc. and Balfour Beatty Construction, 3D-Pen self-portraits from JEB Stuart Middle School students will debut for display in MOSH’s “Guest Creations” section.
- Additional art on display includes paintings by Princess Simpson Rashid and a copper sculpture fabricated by Ricky Weeks.
- A gravity well, homemade by MOSH’s Vice President of Education Services, Eddie Whisler, will be on display for guests to enjoy.
- New digital experiences and videos will be on display for guests to view and interact with while in the exhibit.
The Creation Station will debut even more experiences and activities beginning August 10.
- A reading nook with hand sanitizer station. The nook’s bean-bag chairs will be periodically sanitized via UVC Wand. The book selections will be rotated throughout the week to allow books to be sanitized.
- Computer-based activities, including Minecraft, Music Maker Jam and Makey-Makey, among other programs. Computers will have hand sanitizer available for guests to use, stylus pens can be used on the computer’s touch screens and keyboards will be sanitized periodically via UVC Wand.
- A tabletop gravity well that guests can test and compare to the full-sized gravity well located just outside of the Creation Station. Instructions on how to construct your own tabletop gravity well will be available for guests.
- Paper-construction activities, including Origami art, Paper Tetrahedrons and Paper Planetariums. These are low-touch activities where guests take what they touch with them at the end.
- Other “make-and-take” activities will become available over the ensuing weeks (where guests take what they touch at the end of the craft/activity).
- Digital Demo Cart activities will rotate periodically into the exhibit experience (such as VR and microscope experiences).
Thank You to our Creation Station Sponsor